VERV DANCE FITNESS CONTEST
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win
- Eligibility: The Verv Dance Fitness Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Verv, Inc. or other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
- No Purchase Necessary: A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Verv, Inc. (the “Sponsor”).
- Entry Period: The Contest begins on August 27, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. EST and ends on September 7, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. EST (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted prior to or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
- Entry: There is one method of entry. For the method of entry, each person must “like” the corresponding Instagram Reel featuring the “Verv Dance Fitness Contest Challenge” and upload their own Instagram Reel video completing the Verv Dance Fitness Challenge tagging @verv Instagram account located at https://www.instagram.com/verv/ to be entered to win $500 USD cash prize and opportunity to become Verv Dance Ambassador. Entrants must have a public profile and post the Instagram Reel to their profile. Instagram Reels posted to Stories only and/or private Instagram accounts will not be eligible to enter for a chance to win. There is no entry limit. Additional entries are based on the number of Instagram Reels an entrant will post repeating the dance challenge. Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, or similar methods will also be void.
- Drawing: On or about September 7, 2020, the Sponsor will provide the name of the potential winner selected by an unbiased commission from eligible entries. The odds of being selected depend on: 1) the number of eligible entries received 2) the accuracy of the “Dance Challenge” repetition 3) the visual quality of submitted entries 4) the number of engagements (comments, likes and views) under the entries. The commission includes Head of External Communication (Verv Inc.), Head of Content and Support (Verv Inc.), Michael Peele (Professional Dancer).
- The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner within seven (7) days of the drawing by contacting via direct messages. In the event that the potential winner is unable to be contacted within seven (7) days of the drawing, a subsequent selection from all entries received will be conducted.
- Requirements of Potential Winners: Except where prohibited, the potential winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received.
- Prizes: There is one (1) prize available. One (1) winner will win a $500 cash prize and the opportunity to work with Verv as a Dance Ambassador. The total approximate retail value of each prize is $539. The winner is responsible for taxes and all other costs and expenses not listed above. If any winner does not claim his or her prize within seven (7) days of being contacted, another winner will be selected.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its related companies, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Vimeo and Google Plus and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Vimeo and Google Plus are not Sponsors of this Contest, but you agree to comply with each of their respective rules and/or terms of service, as applicable in connection with your participation herein.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Nevada. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Nevada without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Nevada or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Nevada.
- Contest Results: To receive a list of the names of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 3773 Howard Hughes Parkway South Tower, Suite 500, Las Vegas, Nevada 89169. Requests must be postmarked by September 4, 2020. Any requests postmarked later than September 4, 2020 shall be disregarded.