When you walk outside:
- go to your device Settings > Privacy > turn Location services On and enable it for the app (choose 'While Using' option);
- find the Walking app in your device Settings and enable Motion & Fitness option.
- tap Start on the Home screen of the app > enable 'Outdoor' mode on the top of the screen.
When you walk on a treadmill:
- go to the device Settings > tap on Weight Loss Walking > enable Motion & Fitness option.
- open the app Home screen, tap Start and activate 'Indoor' mode.
Important: the app tracks the stats only if you keep your iPhone in the pocket or on your arm. Otherwise you have to fill in the logs manually: Menu > Logs > choose your workout > Pencil icon > enter the parameters you see on a treadmill screen > tap the check mark icon to save the logs.