Verv develops products inspiring people to embrace and live fit & healthy lifestyle. We use the latest technologies, have an ambitious team and possess a strong desire to make cool and useful products. Our apps take the leading positions in mobile app markets and unite over 60 mln users.
We’re currently looking for a Tech Lead/Solution architect to join our company who will be responsible for the growth of our Platform product & team.
Scope of Role:
- owns technology, development tools, solutions, domain expertise aggregation and growth;
- takes part in development resources assessment and overall development department professional level maintenance;
- assures collaboration and communication with Verv products and 3 party platforms.
- decide what technologies should be used or not in the Platform Development Team, and why;
- strategically decide whether we can inherit existing / support legacy code bases – and how we handle our growing levels of software support;
- oversee strategy for both in-house developed and purchased (3rd party) solutions definition and implementation;
- facilitate technology and methodology decision making throughout the team, including standardisation of system architecture, reusable code base development, versions of software tools, best practice, source control and deployment processes;
- advocate and plan new technology use or implementation;
- own architectural solutions in Platform Team;
- own delivery and production flows and environment;
- own development tools (initiate or consult IT and procurement on picking up right tools and ways to manage them) Drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team;
- write clean and healthy structured, well documented code;
- build future-proof reusable core code libraries, which can be shared, in-order to drive further efficiencies throughout the team;
- deliver code which is well tested and consistently error free;
- design and build database schemas with integrity and scalability with data access layers that are optimised for performance and security;
- use their experience when reviewing and auditing legacy code;
- assist in critical support issues where your experience is required to ascertain the issue quickly and to find the more appropriate resolution;
- take control over critical support instances and putting into place the correct escalation and process to manage and resolve issue as soon as possible.
- implement and develop processes to support #1;
- implement and develop practices that will assure domain technical expertise aggregation and growth in Platform teams;
- consult on people hiring, allocation and development;
- keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies;
- stay aware of latest data protection and security threats and to make sure we mitigate against these risks against known industry standards;
- make sure that development department and Platform team are aware of these issues.
Communication and collaboration with Verv’s products and 3 party Platforms:
- decide on what should be developed in the Platform;
- decide on what should be requested/purchased from Verv’s teams or 3rd party platform;
- advocate and support technical collaboration and communication with Verv’s and 3 party platforms to assure consistency and efficiency of solutions developed by multiple teams;
- to make sure the development teams are integrating other team’s services efficiently and that they are offering technical input into how all verv’s products can be delivered and improved;
- ensure their knowledge of the software development and industry is kept up to date and relevant by networking /researching/reading blogs and news sources;
- speak/contribute to public industry events and forums as required;
- freely share knowledge, insight, best practice and ideas.
Key skills and experience:
- a senior level software developer with strong and successful technical lead experience;
- strong and successful experience of leading a team of developers;
- a high level of customer focused web development experience, specifically products related web development, but also a broad knowledge and experience of enterprise level software development;
- advanced level (knowledge and experience) of programming languages and methodologies;
- experience of managing, directing and motivating staff to deliver projects with stretching scope and objectives;
- excellent working knowledge of major development tools;
- proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills;
- able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure;
- experience at advising key stakeholders at senior and board level.
- brilliant engineer;
- strong leadership, professional attitude and leading by example;
- passionate about Software Development and SEO, with a general thirst for digital knowledge and a significant interest in new emerging technologies;
- ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment;
- analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail;
- innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate brilliant ideas;
- credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills;
- reliable, flexible and cooperative;
- passion for excellence.
We’d be happy to give an opportunity of:
- working with a highly professional and friendly team;
- being involved in creating top-rated products;
- competitive salaries and regular salary review;
- social guarantees, modern office in the city center, MacBook.